There are lots of options out there in regards to adding a feed reader to your WordPress website. Depending on how you want to track and what feed readers you want to offer to uses at the click of a button will depend on which subscribe plugin you use. If you are using onsite video I would also check out the Tentblogger Viemo Youtube rss embed plugin listed below.
- Subscribe Me Plugin
- AddtoAny: Subscribe Button
- Category Specific RSS feed – This WordPress Plugin allows you to present a menu with multiple RSS feed subscription option to your site’s visitors in addition to your normal RSS subscription option.
- TentBlogger Vimeo, YouTube, Rss Embed: If you use any video in your blog posts this is a must have plugin! RSS readers are notorious for not interpreting and/or reading when your blog post has a video embedded in it. This plugin intelligently manages video embeds in your visitors RSS feed readers.
- Tentblogger RSS FeedBurner Redirect: Redirects your blog’s feed to Feedburner ! This is strategic because feedburner lets you track your readers, analyze trends in your readership, and also allows you to setup email subscriptions and even monetize your feed!
- FeedStats: Allows you to get stats on about your RSS readers.
- Feedage Tracker Plugin: allows you to add buttons to the site and tracks the readers on the major feedreader sites.
- Feed Subscriber Stats: Allows you to see the number of subscribers according to FeedBurner/Google.
Feedburner.com – Now owned by Google it is a service that will track sign ups. It also keep a track of the email addresses for the people that are subscribed to your feed. If you are new to Feedburner then use the new Beta version it can give you a lot more information.
Feedage.com – Tracks people signing up for your feed on other feed readers such as myyahoo, google etc. Use the feedage tracker plugin with this account.